Dreams are what keeps life interesting, and desire is what keeps us seeking for more. So really we are all dreamers, some more than others. But deep down inside we all KNOW what it is that we want out of our human experience. Many times our vision just gets blurry along the way but it never completely goes away. You know, that urge, that anxiety you feel deep within your soul, all the way down to your toes? That’s your true-self calling out to you, trying to get you to notice her/him again.
Why do we fear this; Why do we choose to conceal our truth? Well, I think it has a lot to do with adulthood, expectations and a logical way of thinking were taught at a very young age. Let me break it down.
- Childhood VS Adulthood: When we are children we see the world so vividly, we have the ability to see our starting point (A) and our desired destination (Z) but at this time our minds have not been exposed to the rest of the letters of the alphabet so to say, (BCDEFG…etc). These letters would represent the experiences throughout our lives that shift your perspective along the way. Experiences that break you down, and build you back up, experiences that will either enlighten you or keep you in the dark, experiences that will officially change the way you viewed the world. Typically we have good influences and support throughout our childhood that will encourage you to dream big, that will tell you that you can be anything you want to be. However, something changes once you reach adulthood, these influences will then start to tell you to be “realistic” when choosing your path.
- Expectations: (The Paper Chase): This is the part of your life where only great things are expected of you, and time belongs to everyone and everything but yourself. You are expected to get that degree, the perfect career, perfect house, perfect car along with all the other things that fall into the category of responsibility. 8 hours here, 8 hours there and MAYBE 8 hours for yourself to sleep and do it all over again the next day. Leaving you vulnerable to getting fixed and molded because although we tell ourselves at the beginning that this is temporary, while we figure out what our dream is and how we’re going to pursue it. 90% of the time we get stuck in a routine and never set aside time for ourselves to plot and launch, you’re lucky if you even get a second to stop and reflect.
- Logical Thinking: When decision-making, emotions will make their presence but logic always seems to have the upper hand. Maybe we’re wired this way considering our brain works to protect us from what it thinks might be danger BUT don’t you think Danger is defined by what we are taught to fear? One of the biggest things we fear is the Unknown and anything outside of our comfort zone. Do any of these sound familiar, when you think or thought about your dreams?
- “If you don’t pay your rent, you don’t have a roof over your head”
- “Steady paychecks guarantee your bills to be paid”
- “What if you don’t make the same amount of money, doing what you love”
- “What if you don’t make it at all, you’ll lose everything”
- “What will everyone think of me”
You see the majority of people spend their lives, hiding from their dreams, being the glue that “holds” everything together, and the doormat to their lives. When they should really be seeking their way to their desired destination. For which every single person on this planet deserves. We weren’t created to just get by, we were created to DREAM, TO LOVE, TO GROW, AND TO DISCOVER EVERYTHING that there is to know about thyself. It’s upsetting to say that there are too many beautiful souls trapped in route, trapped in the limits of their minds, afraid of what may happen if they make a sudden change.
When in reality whether you chase your dreams or not, something will eventually collapse and you get to decide whether it’s going to be in your favor or not. You must find your way to your dreams. That happy place you go to in your mind is real, it’s there waiting for you. You just got to go within and dig a little deeper, because only you have access to the map that’s going to get you there. You must channel that inner child, and allow yourself to be guided by heart, it’ll teach you lessons but it’ll never fail you.
We often get nostalgic when we think about those times when we were young, expressive and free. Those times when time itself felt like it was non-existent. Perhaps our souls weren’t exposed to the multiple realities of society but regardless of what society wants you to be, you CAN still be everything and anything YOU want to be. You CAN live a fulfilling life that’s not defined by what others expect of you. You CAN manifest that vision, that was given to you and only you.
Break free from limits, break free and just be! Don’t be afraid to be yourself, don’t be afraid to follow your dreams! Life is like climbing a mountain, you run into those obstacles that make you feel like you won’t make it and you know there’s no turning back. You fear the thought of falling but when you keep pushing yourself up, you then realize you’re at the top and the world is yours. Nostalgia will quickly fade away because you’re no longer living in the past, you’re living in the now and enjoying your precious present moment. You got this!
Much Love & Light to you all! ♥